Monday, January 23, 2012

One Little Word

I started participating in this thing last year called One Little Word. Basically, you pick a word at the beginning of the year and then carry that word with you, invite it into your life, etc. for that year. This year my word is "GO." I'm hoping it will motivate me to make some big changes in my life (which will require me to be my word from last year - courageous). I'm also excited because I signed up for an online scrapbooking class at Big Picture Classes specifically for OLW. There is prompt every month to do with your word, as well as a gallery and forums where you can share your journey with your word with everyone else in the class. I've already been pleasantly surprised at the positive comments I've received on my images so far. Can't wait to see what the rest of the class and the rest of the year holds! Here's some of my progress so far:

My necklace charm. Not a requirement for the class, but I made one last year and it's a good reminder of my word on a daily basis.

This is my title page. I hand-drew the background in Painter, added Ali's border/title in Photoshop, then stuck the foam stickers on for my word.

One of the first prompts was to take a self portrait photo.

This is my page for January. The prompts were all about defining/introducing your word.


So, what's your One Little Word?


No comments:

Post a Comment