Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mixed Media Fun

I signed up for another Big Picture Class - Scrapbooking Your Faith. We're in week 2, and part of this week's assignment was to create a mixed media piece using a verse or phrase that speaks to you/inspires you. I chose "my hands are holding you" from the lyrics to 10th Avenue North's Song "By Your Side." It's a song that God is constantly using to remind me that he is always with me no matter what. Amazing how often I forget that fact. Maybe seeing this wall art every day will help me remember! Here's a few making of photos -

Started with a blank canvas, tissue tape and color card stock, then painted the whole thing purple.

Used some crumpled cardstock and a scrapbooking flower to make some color flecks.

 Painted my hands, then pressed each on the canvas. Went back over the edges/gave it more definition.
Then I added more tissue tape/cardstock. I cut out a butterfly and my letters out of chipboard using my Cricut. Painted the letters/butterfly and glued to the canvas.

The finished piece:

No comments:

Post a Comment